What? I couldn't believe it and I was listening live - this Katie actually told her daughter that after she stuffs her face, to have a heave. Who the heck is her guru? I hope that child protective services takes her daughter away, perhaps then the poor girl could get the help she needs.
Hey mom, here's a thought or three: A shrink, better grocery shopping habits, "fat camp". How can this woman be so darn clueless? She actually bragged about how her daughter has lost 15lbs. since taking her "advice". I am mortified! I pray that this girl gets the help she needs despite her insane mother.
**DISCLAIMER: I write this not as any kind of expert on parenting and with the understanding that parenting is probably the single hardest responsibility of all. For me, this case is simply one of common sense and/or lack of it.
* * * * * * * * *
- Woolite, you know, the detergent for "delicate" clothing. They advertise on their website an "He" version for front loading washers but lo and behold, I can't find it anywhere locally.
- Classless move on the part of The Boston Globe. This past Sunday's "Parade" section featured a cover story/interview on the recently murdered Benazir Bhutto. Here's the classless part, there is no mention of her being dead.
- That bonehead Dr. Phil needs to crawl back into his pie hole and shut his trap.
- Congratulations to "Goose" Gossage for his well deserved and long overdue election into the hall of fame.
- Only 11 more days until our "friends reunion".
- Have you noticed the neat little "Leave Me a Message" gadget on the right? I would love to hear your voice.