Thursday, February 21, 2008

Meyer Briggs Mania

There's been quite a bit of Meyer Briggs talk on the circuit so curiosity got the best of me and I took a Meyer Briggs-ish test as recommended and here's how it all turned out for me:

E=10 Extraversion
I=1 Introversion
S=9 Sensing
N=11 iNtuition
T=4 Thinking
F=15 Feeling
J=14 Judging
P=5 Perceiving

You are an ENFJ

The following list is made up of recommended careers which a certain type seems to be predominant (I am only going to include my type, not the entire list). This list is not a list of the "only jobs that you can do", but a guide to which career utilizes the natural talents of each type.

ENFJ - Teachers, consultants, psychiatrists, social workers, counselors, clergy, sales representative, human resources, managers, events coordinators, politicians, diplomats, writers, actors, designers, homemakers, musicians, religious workers, writers. They have a gift of encouraging others actualize themselves, and provide excellent leadership.

If you want the long of it on ENFJ, click here.

I could probably write an awful lot of gibberish and perhaps even an intellectual thought or two on the topic and end result. I suspect with any such assessment one can find argument, both positive and negative. I think all of it is pretty interesting. I didn't do enough reading to find the answer to the questions I have. Does the test account for misinterpreting a question by the testee? My guess is yes based on the repetitive nature of the line of questioning. Also, is the answer supposed to be one of deep reflection or immediate gut reaction?

Anyway, this is me, for now. Thanks E-Fo and Essentially Me for peeking my interest.

3 comments:

Sicilian Mama said...

I've never known an ENFJ. You're my first!

Yes, I do believe the test accounts for misinterpretations (if you notice, some questions are essentially the same, just worded differently). Also, I think it's supposed to be first reaction, because if you think about anything too long you can easy go either way (ha!).

Oh, and this is armalicious' new alias. In case you're confused.

Joy said...

I'm an ENFP, but my J and P are really close. The only part I'm extreme on is N. The others are all close. It's good to know we have this in common.

Chris said...

Sicilian Mama - Thanks fo the clarifications and glad to be somebody's first :) How excited am I about your new alias, blog, and adventure....awesome!

Joy - Extreme Intuition, surprises me not.

All of a sudden I'm talking Yoda-ish.