Friday, February 08, 2008

The Return of Haiku

It's been a while since I've messed around with Haiku so I allowed my mind to wander a bit and used my fingers for counting syllables and came up with these four:

A force of nature
Devastation left behind
How do we rebuild?
**********
Eight long years of hell
Who’ll lead us from this darkness?
An agent of change?
**********
Needing direction
Never have I been so lost
I can’t bear this pain
**********
Sensuality
Your warm breath caressing me
Come with me right now

2 comments:

Joy said...

I like these. I, too, hope we rebuild and repair the damage you allude to in those first two and can heal our country. The third one concerns me unless it's not about you. No comment on the last one - just smiles and memories. Keep writing!

Chris said...

Joy - Your concern is moving and appreciated. While not in my best place or frame of mind ever, I am not nearly in the place that the person in #3 is in...it is written from the heart however.