Monday, February 04, 2008

Speak Now...

Tomorrow is "Super Tuesday" in our country and if you live in any one of these 22 states: California, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Alaska, Minnesota, North Dakota, Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, or Arkansas and are registered to vote, get your ass out there and vote.

If you are not registered to vote and ahould be, shame on you; get on top of that. if you are not willing to speak you voice then you can't complain about never being heard.

UPDATE: Super Tuesday, 2/5. I placed my vote at 7:10am....please remember to place yours.

6 comments:

egan said...

So who did you vote for and why?

Chris said...

Egan - I voted for Hillary. The moment George W. Bush officially won the election into his second term I made the statement that I would support Hillary Clinton in 2008 and now I am living up to that word.

While over the course of the campaign, Hillary has lost some of her appeal and Barack Obama has gained appeal with me I do think both are viable candidates though I believe that this is the riht time for Hillary more.

Ultimately, in the general election, I will vote for whomever is the democratic candidate.

egan said...

Chris - I'm really torn between Obama and Clinton. I'm not sure about all this momentum Obama has generated. There are some great endorsements Hillary has receieved and why she got them, the NY Times one really impresses me.

I think the whole MLK/LBJ thing was overblown. Issues to issues the difference between the two candidates is rather minimal. The next time I hear someone call Obama the underdog, I'm taking them to task though. No underdog has a bankroll like his.

Man, maybe I should get my own blog.

Joy said...

Good grief, Tennessee went for Huckabee, but Hillary and Obama combined got more than twice as many votes as he did. There were 613,284 Democratic votes to 553,049 Republican votes statewide. Although I am sure there were crossover votes by Republicans trying to block or get someone in they want to run against, I hope we have that ratio or more in the general election. I'd like for a Democrat to win by so many votes there is no question. It's always close here, so we're barely a Red State but with enough advantage that they keep electing themselves.

Joy said...

Oh, and I voted for Obama and not with my demographic of older women.

Chris said...

Joy - Tennessee seems like something of a poitical wild card. I happen to be a huge fan of country music but the most frustrating thing is how so many coutnry stars lean on the conservative side of politics.