Monday, March 10, 2008

Sin the News

The AP had an article that came out this afternoon regarding the Vatican listing new sins and attempting to put a "modern spin on sin". Am I the only one that finds it extremely offensive that the group of people making statements about what is and isn't sinful are the same group of people who haven't even really begun to address one of the biggest acts of sin in human history and they are the governing body of those who committed the sin? I think before the Roman Catholic Church starts chiming in on sin they need to truly acknowledge the heinous acts of child abuse and genuinely attempt to make peace. I also think if the Roman Catholic church ever wishes to progress, the pope might need to consider a lap dance and/or a blow job. Once the shock of that statement wears off, I think you may understand what I am really getting at.

Speaking of lap dances and blow jobs, here's a paragraph from another "major" news story in politics: "NEW YORK - Gov. Eliot Spitzer’s political career teetered on the brink of collapse Monday after the corruption-fighting politician once known as “Mr. Clean” was accused of paying for sex with a high-priced call girl."

This brings me back to when Bill Clinton was President and boinking in the big house someone not his wife. I don't condone Clinton's or Spitzer's behavior. However, if the job is getting done, I don't give a hoot who either is fucking...as long as "we the people" aren't the one's getting fucked.

There, I've said it.

3 comments:

Rob C said...

I agree, does not matter where he places his "weeee" as long as "we the people" are not the one's being ben't over. Now if he was using "our" money, I would expect a credit in my name at that fine eastablishment.

Essentially Me said...

You're doing MaBloPoMo aren't you?

365 posts this year. I'll bet on it.

Chris said...

Rob C - THat's right! OF course, if he broke the law he also needs to be punished.

Essentially Me - The other time I think you said MarBloPomo, this one is MaBloPomo, I think I like the former better. I wish I could grab a hold of that unbrella in your avatar and float away with it.