Sunday, April 27, 2008

Footwear and a Plug

Retired 4/27/2008
You've served me well.









Purchased today...
on sale and with a coupon!















The Plug
It would stand to reason that I already plug the blogs that I read regularly. There is something special about each of them and I treasure them all. However, there is one blog that since started, has developed into into something really special.
Coming Home: A Journey Like No Other is a blog that has in my opinion taken blog writing to a really special place. For those of you old enough to remember Erma Bombeck, the American humorist, essayist, and most notably, newspaper columnist - Essentially Me (The Pen Name of the author of Coming Home) in my opinion has begun to hit a stride in her writing that has her poised to assume the throne left behind by Ms. Bombeck after her death in 1996. I encourage you all to click the link and have a read.
I Saw a Movie
I watched Evan Almighty on Saturday. What a great film. While I must admit as much as I like Steve Carrell (whose most brilliant film performance thus far in my opinion was as the weatherman in Anchorman), I had to force myself not to see Michael Scott. Aside from all of that, this was a really well thought out movie, very funny but still with a good moral story as well.
'Nuff said.

9 comments:

Essentially Me said...

Why thank you! You make me blush!

brookem said...

geeze, your retired sneaks are looking pretty good!

Chris said...

Essentially Me - see email exchange :)

Brookem - the photo doesn't do the wear & tear justice, the soles are all shredded up and they are far dingier than the photography implies.

egan said...

You love Essentiall Me. I wish I knew the woman you compared her to though. Oh, what's not to love about Essentially Me? I mean really, she's a pretty swell chick.

I still wear the shoes I used for my Ironman. I should probably dip them in something to preserve them because who knows if these feet of mine will ever see another Ironman. Way to share the love man!

egan said...

P.S. you should have closed this post to comments just for fun.

Chris said...

Egan - I'm starting to feel really old using the Erma Bombeck reference.

That's a funny idea, closing the comments.

Joy said...

I didn't think twice about the Erma Bombeck reference until egan asked about her. But then I'm old enough to remember her. You're not old - maybe he just never read her columns or books.

Thanks for the link to Essentially Me. I agree about her writing and feel like a comment whore after reading that post. She definitely makes a valid point.

egan said...

..as you should sir. I mean really, who knows who that woman is without looking it up?

Have you peeked at Airam's bum lately? Just asking.

Chris said...

Joy - you're a sweetie! enjoy Essentially Me.

Egan - Thanks, it's time for a bum check!