Sunday, May 04, 2008

The Century Mile

I completed my 5th Walk for Hunger today, that's 100 miles and all I can say for right now is OUCH! My legs feel like lead but I am happy to report that Egan's recommendation of Body Glide has spared me of painful chafing.
Today was a rough walk, it rained for the entire time but I did manage to complete the 20 mile walk in 4 hours and 50 minutes despite the far less than optimal conditions.
The Boston Common is the start and end of the walk and I thought I'd use this as an opportunity to see how the "insert map" feature works in Windows Live Writer.
Map image
I'm out for now...so Ciao!

6 comments:

Joy said...

Wow! Impressive! Congratulations! I don't know how you did it. I foolishly climbed up and down all those steps in the Bunker Hill Monument about 10 years ago and was so sore I was miserable for days. It wasn't worth it. What you did was worth it, though! Keep us posted.

Chris said...

Joy - Thanks - my feet are still killing me but I don't regret for a moment what I did.

Essentially Me said...

Congrats!

Chris said...

Essentially Me - Thanks!

egan said...

On my birthday you did a walk and you used my recommendation of the Body Glide. You make me very happy.

Chris said...

Egan - You are a valued friend. May you always be happy.