Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day and 2,000 Words about Oliver

I've never been a big fan of Mother's Day and Father's Day because they were created, like all those other "Halmark Holiday's". I do think the sentiment of Mother's Day and Father's day are stronger and more meaningful than most of the others but also believe that these sentiments should be expressed throughout the year.

It's also far different for me to deal with either of those day's since both of my parent's have long passed on. There are times when I am simply sad and times when I am downright jealous. All I have left are memories and while I do celebrate what I had with my parent's joyously, it doesn't make not having them around fel any less different.

To all of those out there who are parents, you have my undying respect. For those of you who have a relationship with their parents, don't take what you have for granted - cherish it.

and now, 2,000 words about Oliver:


7 comments:

Essentially Me said...

Oliver has the bluest eyes I've ever seen!

brookem said...

I share the same thoughts as you about Mother's Day. I totally think it should be celebrated year round.

Oliver! He's adorable and those eyes!!!

PS- I had Thai last night. Thought you should know.

Chris said...

Essentially Me - :) He's a cutie.

Brookem - Down with Hallmark. Ollie and Cosmo should have a play date-LOL!
Thai - Yum :)

egan said...

Amen! Cherish those relationships is damn right.

Chris said...

Egan - for sure; and thanks for not noticing my typos that I just noticed.

Joy said...

What a beautiful Oliver!

Chris said...

Joy - Thanks. :)