I wan't there, so I don't know how intensely they were kissing. If in fact they were deep in the throws of passion neglecting to consider they were in a public place then perhaps there is a point to be made but not because they both happen to be the same sex, but because there is a line of everybody that shouldn't be crossed in public.
Beyond that, I find it utterly repulsive that the usher would even consider approaching the couple based solely on the fact that they are a same sex couple. I know that there are still people out there that can't fathom homosexuality, especially that close up, but it's time for them to get a grip on the real world, one populated with people of all sorts. Ultimately, they, we, are all people and each of us deserves the same respect.
For those that find it somehow shocking to see two people of the same gender sharing a kiss, perhaps these far more shocking realities in life are ones you should focus more on; and not for their shock value but for reason that are way too obvious to have to get into here:
- The number of people who die everyday fighting a war that been senseless from the start.
- Gas prices have essentially tripled since GWB became president.
- Slavery still exists.
- 1 out of 17 people die from a mosquito related death.
- More than 38 million people around the world are infected by HIV/AIDS, 25 million in Africa alone.
- ONE person in seven has no access to clean water for drinking, cooking or washing.