Friday, July 11, 2008

Miles to Go


Between today and Monday morning I will have set my foot down in five states. I'm heading to Upstate, NY, via MA and CT for an evening of poolside enjoyment, BBQ and Beer with some wonderful friends. From there, Saturday we are all heading to the perhapsornotlovelyish village of Macungie, Pennsylvania for our semi-annual "Friends Reunion". Sunday, it's a long commute back to MA only for a 7:00 am Monday morning flight from Boston to Las Vegas, Nevada for business and pleasure.

I am both exhausted and exhilarated thinking about the hectic nature of the travel that will no doubt remind me of my hatred for travel. Don't get me wrong, I love to go places, I just hate the process of getting there and so I am investing big time (hope, not $) in the future of "Beam Me Up, Scotty" style transport. In the meantime, I do plan on loading up on the fun as much as I can and I do look forward to seeing Cuzz and CuzzHuzz who are trekking up to Vegas next Friday (look out Strip, especially the unsuspecting tenders of bar).

I am at the tail end of the audio version of "What on Earth Have I Done?" by Robert Fulghum and I can't recommend it enough. A full review will appear on the book blog after I've returned from my travels but in the meantime, take my word for it, this is a winner. I especially like the audio version because Fulghum's voice and reading just makes the whole thing even more special.

Until next time, be good to yourself.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Have a good trip and pace yourself! Sounds like a lot of fun, and I know what you mean about being places but not enjoying getting there.

Chris said...

Joy - Thanks :)