Saturday, August 09, 2008

530

Here are some of the things people curious about what "530" is all about and why I randomly (or is it random) place it in my blog posts have guessed it means:
  • My favorite time of the day
  • A birth date of someone
  • A death date of someone
  • A high score on a game
Interestingly, every curiosity has resulted in the 530 being interpreted as a single number (five hundred thirty) as opposed to the possibility that it may represent two numbers (5 and 30 or 53 and 0) or even three separate digits. Here are some other guesses:
  • A consecutive streak of sorts (530 straight days...)
  • A quantity (number of movies seen in a time period, number of reality television episodes, number of hours of TV watched last year, etc.)
  • The cost of something I may be saving for
  • Number of items on my DVR
  • Number of songs on my iPod
  • Of or related to the 530th song on my iPod
I am loving this! I got the idea to have a mystery number from several classic mystery numbers most notably the number "33" on the back of a bottle of Rolling Rock beer.
I can tell you that the number does have significance (to me) and that is as far as I will go. after all, how can a mystery number be a mystery number of I give up the mystery ?
530

8 comments:

Joy said...

This is too much math for me! LOL But I do like the idea of having a mystery number.

Chris said...

Joy - :) You too can have your own mystery number for only 4 payments of 19.99 plus shipping and handling.

If you act within the next 90 minutes we'll make the first payment for you!

Joy said...

LOL

Chris said...

Joy - :)

egan said...

Oh, you are very very mysterious in your ways. I had never even thought of all those different number combinations. Crafty!

Chris said...

Egan - I appreciate the nod. I could have been far less crafty by incuding the following extracted from wikipedia, "530 was created on Nov. 1, 1997, when it was split from the 916 area code. On the same day, the Dixon exchange was moved from Sacramento LATA to San Francisco LATA and from the 916 area code to 707."

Then again, is that being less crafty or perhaps a clue (or not)?

egan said...

But seriously, what's the deal with 530? A high score on what game? Scrabble? Did you lose it at 5:30am? Oops, maybe that was too personal.

Chris said...

Egan - It is quite possible hat it was 5:30 am but I was barely concious when it first happened so I couldn't be sure enough to use that as the basis.