Friday, August 08, 2008

Podcast: The Journey to the Boss

Hear the entire story how I managed to get tickets to see Bruce Springsteen on a night that the weather, the fans, and Springsteen himself helped make memorable. And, hear about the show itself as well.
AFTERTHOUGHTS:
It was well after midnight by the time this was completed and posted so I just didn't have the time or energy to do a full listen before publishing. This morning, I listended through and am not overly happy with the end result.
25 minutes is a long time to be listening to something and unless it has some captivating elements, it can be tough to endure. While there are moments where I think this podcast is fun to listen to there are also those that could have ben left out. The first 15 minutes tells the story of how I ended up with tickets to an event I had completely forgot was happening and the experience of getting into the stadium to discover the awesomeness of our seats and ticket holder's privileges. After listening I wished I had revised the whole thing down to about 5 or 10 minutes tops.
The last ten minutes I use to take you through the set list and comment on the performance - not much fluff and in fact may have been a better idea for the entire podcast leaving out the first 15 minutes of material altogether.
Either way, it took two takes and hours of work and I needed to let it go so now that it is gone, it's time to move ahead. Peace...

Hey, if you wish, you can listen to the podcast right here on this page:

2 comments:

Joy said...

First one of these I've listened to. It was good to hear your voice and how you speak. Neat!

Chris said...

Joy - I am glad that you found it neat. This particular one was a struggle for some reason. There are quite a few out there now and believe it or not, you can actually subscribe on iTunes.