Saturday, August 02, 2008

Princ(ess?) Springteen Fan on the Loose

Here's a super goofy photo taken on the Las Vegas Strip one afternoon.


I am super excited about seeing Bruce Springsteen (and the E Street Band) tonight especially since it all happened in the last couple of days. When this leg of the Magic Tour was announced and I has seen that the return to this area was in a football stadium (Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots), I really didn't have much interest as I have gotten to the point where I just don't fancy the super colossal venues. However, a couple of days ago, a colleague asked if I was interested in tickets and because I do love Springsteen so much, I at least entertained the inquisition with one of my own, "How much?" "$250 for the pair." "No chance, that's way more than I can swing especially for a stadium show."

I kind of left it at that, for about ten minutes, until I decided to peruse Craigslist. Lo and behold, there were numerous offerings in the present range I selected of $2 through $100. I gandered at many of them, alerted my colleague that her asking price wasn't competitive, and then kind of ignored it - for about ten more minutes.

Eventually over the next 24 hours my interest was enhanced at set lists and reviews of the shows at Giant's Stadium over the previous few days and my pal John (who I really wish was able to join me for this) I had made the decision that if I could get the seats I want at the price I want, I was all in.

A number of inquiries, offer rejections, and further inquiries led me to a pair of seats in the Fidelity Clubhouse of all places located in an area where I will actually be able to see the stage and not rely only on the large TV screens and all for my price range.

I'll be attending the show with the son of Mike Chepiga, another Chris who might be the largest (not physically) fan of The Blue Man Group on the planet, a fan of AMD microprocessors, yet still - a good guy. Stay tuned tomorrow for a full review of the show.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I LOVE Blue Man Group! They were in Nashville not too long ago, but I first saw them in Boston in a smaller venue around 10 years ago, I think. That's the most amazing show I've ever seen!

Glad you're getting to see Springsteen again. I like him/them, too.

OK, I've let this go as long as I can stand it. You look so dorky in that picture. It makes me smile whenever I see it. You are there for my amusement. :-)

Chris said...

Joy - I've seen BMG 4 times, once in Vegas (when they were at teh Luxor), and 3x in Boston - always incredible.

Springsteen was awesome, as usual. Full review on the Podcast later.

Total dorkiness=increased laughter=success!