Saturday, August 30, 2008

Serious....

The gulf coast, still tormented of Katrina from 3 years ago now must face Gustav. It appears that the one person I know down there is safe and has fled; that comforts me. However, to all who call that area your home and all who've already suffered so much, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I can't even fathom what must be crossing the minds of those whom are still homeless ... everyone, what a difficult time.
-------
Also, dearest Sprizee - I suppose the last few days haven't been the best. You too have been in my thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Joy said...

I know! I keep wishing Gustav away from the Gulf coast. This would be way too much for them to bear.

Chris said...

Joy - maybe everyone wishing together will work.

Shonda Little said...

It is pretty heart-breaking. Good thing the GOP saw this hurricane as an opportunity to telethon, right. Too bad Katrina didn't happen during the RNC or maybe the city wouldn't have drowned before the Federal Government arrived.

Chris said...

Shonda Little - I can only hope that all who have had to endure such difficult times can find peace somehow. The damn GOP is so darn pathetic...