Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sometimes I Really Hate Goodbye

I know that you needed to do this for you and deep down, of course I want you to have what's best for you. I don't only consider you a colleague but also a friend. You made such a tremendous impact on so many students, your passion for giving everything to what you do will be sorely missed...they are so darn lucky where you are going!

I'm going to miss talking shop, reality TV, and gossiping with you.

Where am I gonna hang now when I have to go over to that campus?

I know, I am selfish, I don't want you to leave but I am your friend, and I care about you...you deserve to be happy and I wish that for you. I hope that if the political tides get difficult that you can let it roll off your shoulder and focus on just being you and doing what you do best, because nobody does it better.

I'll miss you very much and hope you keep in touch.

3 comments:

Essentially Me said...

I'm sure your friend will miss you too!

Joy said...

Those are nice things to say to someone who is leaving. I'm sure you're friend appreciates them and hope you keep in touch.

Chris said...

Essentially Me - I've wept too much and sometimes it's tough when tears sadness and joy collide. Thanks.

Joy - I hope we can keep in touch as well.