Sunday, September 07, 2008

Have Bass, Will Be Goofy

I never really learned how to play. It started off somewhat promising, I had been teaching myself how to read music and while slow, was progressing until my pal introduced me to tablature.

Within a week or two, I could play like 4 or 5 songs so I gave up on sheet music then eventually gave up on the bass.



This photo was shot in my room at my parent's house in Brooklyn. The walls were painted dark blue and I pretty much had heavy metal posters covering just about every inch of them.

I named my bass Suzanne. Eventually, I sold her to Lisa, she stole my heart and owned my bass. Oh how the years pass.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Suzanne the plans ...

"Oh, I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again"

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Joy said...

What on earth do you have on? Are those shorts or a mini-skirt?

Chris said...

Joy - Love the song!!! They were gray gym shorts. Nancy at work asked why I was playing the bass without pants - LOL

Chris said...

To all, the Lisa that I sold the bass to is not the same Lisa in the post above this. There were lots of Lisa's (quite a few Jennier's now that I think of it..)

brookem said...

hahahhaa oh chris. look at those prefontaine shorts and that HOH!

Chris said...

Brookem - I was a real hottie there, eh?