Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Some Cake for Joy

Joy did a cool thing on her blog and I thought since I was a lazy ass there, I'd pay tribute by stealing her idea and using it here (sorry darling, but it is the sincerest form of flattery and you are well worth flattering my dear).

I'm so friggin lazy at this moment, I'm not even gonna navigate over there to be sure I get this right very pathetic, I know), but the deal as I recall is grab a line from a movie (preferrably a famous one) and replace one word in it with the word "cake".

Here's what I got:

"We've got cake in our trousers. It's really quite frightening." from This is Spinal Tap

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been cake, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley." from On the Waterfront

"You know, I'm a rather brilliant surgeon. Perhaps I can help you with that cake." from Young Frankenstein

"It hits you like a thousand knives stabbing you all over your body. You can't breathe. You can't think. At least, not about anything but the cake. Which is why I'm not looking forward to jumping in there after you." from Titanic

"Anyone else would have left you by now, but I'm sticking with you. And if I have to ride your ass like Zorro, you're gonna show me the cake." from Jerry Maguire

2 comments:

Joy said...

I'm flattered! Thanks!

Good lines! Here are a couple I have.

from Gone with the Wind: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a cake."

"The cake! You can't handle the cake!" (A Few Good Men)

Chris said...

Joy - Both are outstanding...I have repeated the one from A Few Good Men countless times since first reading it at your place.