Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Haunted Happenings


Words escape me for now so I'll offer up some photos from Haunted Happenings in Salem this past weekend. Haunted Happenings is a traditional event in Salem as they offer endless portrayals of the Salem Witch Trials, an array of ghoulishly haunted mansions, an array of idiots palm/card readers & fortune tellers and even more idiots people who actually believe in what they do. And then, there's the delightful street food such as fried dough, sausages, and various roasted nuts whose joyous aroma still lingers in my mind.

Here is a picture of me with a likeness of me upon the daily ringing of the alarm clock:


There's a photo of me an my buddy Rob that I have been searching for to post here. My old company used to have an annual customer appreciation cruise, a total blow out party - lot of fun. I thought it would be fun to bring a buddy so Rob came a along and then when we got there, they were doing that cruise thing where they take a photo of you getting on, so we posed together and boy does it look gay. Elton John saw the photo and called us queens - this for me, just makes it even funnier. Anyway, here we are years later in Salem, we hopped up on the railing there convinced we'd fall into the drink and I was joking about how we get all gay and stuff when we are near the water - so he planted a smooch on my cheek and we've got it on film for your enjoyment.


Of all things to call a liquor store, the proprietor of this establishment chose to call this one "The Bunghole"; clearly a fan of Beavis & Butthead.

Allrighty then, that's all for now.

5 comments:

Rob C said...

I think that's a fine picture of us.

brookem said...

looks like a fun time! i need to go to salem this year. maybe ill go with my mom this weekend....

Joy said...

That sounds fun! I wish I were there right now - the leaves and the scenery and the activities.

Yep, that's a mighty fine picture!

Joy said...

This is my winter avatar with the Alps behind me. I'll probably switch them up.

Chris said...

Rob - mighty fine my twisted friend.

Brookem - Go for it! That Honey/Apple wine you mentione at your place sounds divine.

Joy - I too wish you were here. The avatar give you a Paula Deen look.