Sunday, October 19, 2008

One More Batch of Photos, this Time from Apple Picking/Pumpkin Patching

These photos where taken at Shelburne Farms in Stow, MA. I went there after Walden Pond to do some Apple Picking (believe it or not for the first time ever). Apple picking never appealed to me because there's always far more apples at then end that you will ever need. However, it was a delightful fall day and as you saw from the Walden Pond pics in the previous three pics, I was working my way out of a funk and this seemed like a good follow up to Walden.

I love the whole one missing pumpkin thing going on here. Not only does it make for a cool photograph but it conjures up thoughts about the pumpkin's new home and whether or not he'll be missed by these guys and whether or not these guys will miss it. I know, silly - that's fine - it's what I was thinking though.

The whole pumpkin patch thing made me smile, which was completely unexpected for me.
I wasn't too sure about these bails of hay and still wonder. I did take the photo though so what the hay...
Many of the apple trees near the front were pretty bare except for a few here and there at the tops of the trees which were unreachable.
Can you guess the variety of apple from the photo? I think this is a great photograph.
At this very moment, is the very first apple pie I ever baked in the oven; it will be ready in about 15 more minutes. I did cheat in that I bought the Pillsbury pre-made pie crusts to save time. I'll keep you posted on how it turned out though I did forget to get a slab of cheddar cheese which I only learned in the last year or two was a wonderful accompaniment to apple pie.

2 comments:

Princess Extraordinaire said...

Sounds like a great day - I love love love the beautfiul pics!

Chris said...

Princess Extraordinaire - Thanks for stopping by my place - it was a beautiful fall day with a lot of beautiful scenery.