Saturday, October 18, 2008

Why McCain Shouldn't be Allowed to Run for President

The average life expectancy of a male in the United States is 75.6 years. The loser McCain was born on August 29th of 1936 and will strike the life expectancy (if he survives that long) in early to mid April of 2012. Again, if Americans do prove they are dumber than dumb McCain is elected president, his first term would not be scheduled to end until January 19th of 2013.

Therefore, the last 8 1/2 months of his first term would be on "borrowed time". Considering he's already had cancer twice and is a complete idiot, there is fair reason to assume he won't live through to the life expectancy and that means that the utterly insane and equally stupid Sarah Palin would be the president of the United States for some period of time.

All of this leads me to a larger thought that perhaps there should be age limits at both ends of a president's term. The Constitution declares that one must be at least 35 years old to become president, perhaps we need an amendment that would also require their age to be at least 4 years younger that the average life expectancy.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I don't necessarily hate John McCain, that seems kinda harsh. Admittedly, I'm not partisan in any way, so I don't suffer from the emotional overload that tends to creep in on both sides as election time approaches, but all the same, I remember him as being a pretty decent guy just a few years ago.

But here's the thing: running for the most powerful political office in the world tends to change a person. If you're John McCain, this is your one and only serious shot at the thing. Which explains, at least in my mind, how the guy has come to be in bed with some of the monstrous people and factions he's now associated with. Obama has changed, too. I grant you, he's still a far better option than the terrifying coalition Mccain is now heading, but he's not the guy he was two years or even six months ago, and that's a whole other can of worms that needs to be opened once he wins next month...

But McCain...I actually feel something more like sadness when I watch him now. I don't hate him at all, I just lament the mental and emotional impact presidential politics can have on a man who is - at core - both courageous and principled.

Of course, that doesn't change my opinion of Sarah Palin, who is and always will be a terrifying demon-woman whose involvement in this campaign is a horror. The thought of her somehow becoming president gives me the fear, and is one of the many reasons why I hope for all our sakes that Obama wins.

So yeah, generally speaking, Chris, we're not that far away from agreeing. But your language and strength of feeling frightens me a little bit. Deep, cleansing breaths, my friend. Deep, cleansing breaths.

Chris said...

Michael - Deep cleansing breaths are a good idea because regardless of who wins, life has to go on and there's no point in me getting myself sick over it. You are right though, I am angry and feel hatred for McCain. I do dislike him, hate, not sure yet. I do however hate George W. and I think I am projecting that hatred on what I perceive as my future genuine hatred for McCain...and of course that slothy bitch Palin.

So, how are things with you?

egan said...

His appearance on Letterman was spectacular.