Saturday, November 01, 2008

Debatableisticalities

Last evening I changed my facebook profile picture to an Obama button and the daughter of one of my friends, who happens to be 17 (or 18), a staunch supporter of the other candidate.

While we ended in disagreement, we knew that we would and agreed that was okay, I must say that I was impressed with the passion, intellect, and courage displayed by someone so young. We need the youth of America to take a greater interest in politics and their civic duties.

On a completely different note, the weather was spectacular today and I did some seasonal cleaning up outside.

For now, I must go rest.

2 comments:

Joy said...

That civil exchange is encouraging for sure! It's also why we need to teach critical thinking in schools now instead of test-taking skills.

Chris said...

Joy - Magical words, "Critical Thinking" - I heart you for saying that