Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 The Year in Review - Part 3: The Books

I started the year off with a bang as I had set a goal of at least 24 books for the year. I know this is geeky but it's the truth and I have no problem reporting it. I figured if I could average 2 books a month, it would force me to read enough to not feel guilty about my television habit. I don't recall when it I hit the rough spot though I suspect if I wasn't too lazy I could tell with just a bit of research between this blog and Book Me In.
Anyway, when all was said and done, as I write this just over seven hours left in the year, I have completed 14 books and they are (the links will send you to my reviews of them on Book Me In if I have posted one):
  1. Benjamin Franklin: An American Life - Walter Isaacson
  2. Rickles' Book - Don Rickles (w/ David Ritz)
  3. Preacher Volume 1: Gone to Texas - Garth Ennis/Steve Dillon
  4. The Everything Home Recording Book - Marc Schonbrun
  5. Hide & Seek - James Patterson
  6. The No Asshole Rule - Robert I. Sutton
  7. Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
  8. Miracle on the 17th Green - James Patterson
  9. Hot Six - Janet Evanovich
  10. Born Standing Up - Steve Martin
  11. What on Earth Have I Done? - Robert Fulghum
  12. New Moon - Stephenie Meyer
  13. Boom! :Voices of the Sixties- Personal Reflections of the 60's and Today - Tom Brokaw
  14. Seven Up - Janet Evanovich
I guess on my list of to do's for 2009 is to continue to support the Book  Me In blog with reviews and to shoot once more for 24.

2 comments:

SM said...

I had no idea that you read the first two books of Twilight...what did you think?

Chris said...

SM - I liked the first book alot but was really didappointed in the second.