Saturday, December 06, 2008

Brought to you by The Letter “N”


I have been assigned the letter "N" by rialeilani. What does that mean? It's a simple, yet interesting piece of memery that goes like this:

You leave a comment on this post, and I'll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.

  1. Noodles – a lovely comfort food that comes in many forms spanning many cultures.
  2. Noise – not just any noise but let's face it, without noise it would be silence, which can be golden but noise, when done right – very sweet.
  3. Nookie – and particularly this eloquent definition of it.
  4. Nature – regardless of nurture, nature keeps us in check.
  5. Neighborhood – not that I have one now. But I grew up in one and all of the positive connotation that can be derived from that word is something I had the privilege of experiencing.
  6. Nursery Rhymes – early exposure to literary classics and the written word in general; I still love them.
  7. Nipples – not in a dirty or exploitative way, in an erotic, sensual and beautiful way.
  8. Novelties – the word, the concept, the actual items sold under that classification – everything about it says fun.
  9. Novels – What better way to escape the world we live in that to jump into a fictitious one at the mercy of the author and their characters and scenery and their vivid imagination as seen through mine.
  10. Nabisco – for providing Oreo cookies to the masses for which I am a part. Especially for double stuff Oreos and yet more for double stuff chocolate crème Oreos.
Yes, that was far more enjoyable to write than I expected – care for a go at it? Ask for a letter.

2 comments:

egan said...

Nipples, very good word. Seriously, not just because of what it means, but it's fun to say. Stop me now before I get too carried away.

Chris said...

Egan- I agree wholeheartedly. Now stop before you get carried away.