Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ChristmasMeme I Stole

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped
3. Colored lights on tree or white lights? Colored though I don't object to white only 
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I have
5. When do you put your decorations up? They aren't up yet - yikes!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? When my dad was alive, he made a mean Frutta di Mare 
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I used to love going shopping for seafood with my dad
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? No clue
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up we did it at midnight on Christmas eve; it was torture waiting 
10. How do you decorate your tree? very carefully 
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? If I only get one choice then hate for sure. It does make for beautiful scenery but it's a bitch to clean up and dangerous
12. Can you ice skate? yes, and I say that very loosely
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? no, I do recall being very fond of a pinball machine I got once as a kid 
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? to be honest, it's been very hard for me to get into the spirit of the holidays after my parent's died 
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Struffles (sp.)
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Pounding one out to Mrs. Claus - no, just kidding! It's been so long since there were any traditions in my life that I can't recall
17. What tops your Christmas tree? I lighted star will 
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? both have significant value to me
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Mary, Did You Know?
20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck? Yuck---YUM.
21. What do you want for Christmas? 530
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? I have attended parties that were referred to as annual Christmas parties 
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? nothing fancy schmancy 
24. Do you own a Santa hat? no
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? family

5 comments:

SM said...

Are Struffles like Strufoli? Because i heart strufoli and next to sugar cookies, they are one of my favourite Christmas treats

Chris said...

SM - that's what they are! In our home, there were dialects and broken english/Italian spoken plus I can't speak it for the life of me. Oh, I want some now!

Joy said...

I identify with you on many of those. Love the funny answers!

You didn't learn Italian? Can you understand some?

Chris said...

Joy - I understand very (very) little Italian - couple of curse words and insults here and there.

SM said...

My dad is the same way with not being able to speak italian and he can only understand the important words. His mother and her parents insisted that the kids only speak English. I'm not sure why, but it's sad that it got lost over the generations.

And now I want some strufoli, too! I really hope my mom makes it!