Monday, December 15, 2008

This is Nuts!


This is the label from the container of my lunch. I show it to you not to prove that I can eat healthy (especially since 15 minutes after eating it I ate about 30 tootsie rolls). I offer up this label because something about it bothers me greatly.
The container was a clear cup so you could see everything in it, including the delightfully delicious Pecans (pronounced pee-cons, as Emeril says, a Pee-can is something truck drivers use). Notice how they list all of the ingredients as well: non-fat vanilla yogurt, bananas, strawberries, pecans...then...
...then, the insane part kicks in, "contains nuts."
Contains nuts!!!
No fucking kidding, a pecan is a fucking nut - you already list the pecans, you display them for all to see, are there people so fucking stupid that can't figure out that the pecans are nuts?
Such a litigious society we live in that we are compelled to require that the label state that nuts are included in the nuts?
Oh, the sadness.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Think about some of our students. They can't be too careful. LOL

SM said...

Ha! Funny.

Maybe some people don't know a pecan is a nut?? I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all.

brookem said...

ha! i mean, maybe they need to have that exact phrase on things now as a warning label.
seems pretty damn redundant, though.

Chris said...

Joy - good point.

SM - I wouldn't be surprised either but that to me is the sadness.

Brookem - it's a redendant redundancy :)