Thursday, January 01, 2009

And So It Begins this 2009 They Speak Of

I did a whole bunch of stuff today that looking back don't seen to add up to much. Not that I am intentionally attempting to (though potentially succeeding) minimize my day's activities - it just seems that on the first day of a year...wait, erase all that, does anyone really care that I...
  • Did laundry
  • Made chicken salad from leftover chicken (curry powder is my "secret" ingredient)
  • Watched an episode of The Soprano's (Season 3 Episode 4)
  • Watched a movie (Definitely, Maybe) - it was excellent.
  • Baked a batch of Chocolate Chip cookies (using Nestle's original Toll-House recipe)
  • Spent some quality time tormenting entertaining my cat with a laser pointer
  • Listened to a bunch of songs on my iPod
...maybe, or maybe not. However, that is how I spent day 1 of 2009 and I never once left the house; besides, it was too darn cold and there was no where to go that was worth going that I could get to fast enough.
And that is my story thus far.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Sounds more fun than my 2nd day of the new year. My first day could have been better, too, but was so-so. Yours sounds good.

Happy New Year!!

Chris said...

Joy - Happy New Year...when in doubt, bake.

egan said...

Did you cancel your Facebook and Twitter accounts yet?

Chris said...

Egan - I am starting to tweet far less but probably won't cancel. I really like Facebook for staying in touch with old friends...I will however remain loyal to my blogging family of friends.