Friday, January 30, 2009

A Couple of Bullets to Hold You Over

  • I watched "Goodfellas" a few days back; it's been years since I've seen it. I didn't think much of it then and still think it's highly overrated. Then again, I think Scorcese it way overrated as a film maker - far too pretentious.
  • This is clearly a double standard but open a movie with a naked woman, I got no problems - in fact, you got my attention. Open a movie with full frontal male nudity (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), and I wanna barf.
  • Tomorrow is the reveal.
  • The only part of the Super Bowl that I'll be watching is the halftime show - BRUCE!
  • I'm still hooked on Mob Wars.
  • Enzo Stuarti - I haven't heard that name in maybe 25 years until today.
  • The economy has me truly frightened.
  • I just came up with a new word, literally just this second: Nostalgiacide.
  • 530

2 comments:

SM said...

I am obsessed with mafia movies. But I"m a Godfather girl...Goodfellas was a bit too much for me. Ray Liotta freaks me out.

And I loved Forgetting Sarah Marshall. My husband has the same double standards as you, but I'm all for it. Or, better yet, maybe they should just quit the nudity for both sexes altogether??

Chris said...

SM - I need to revisit The Godfather, it's been 15-20 years since I've seen it. I'm not sure if it's worth seeing the occasional peesh for me to see what I prefer and I don't ahve the ability to change nudity in movies so I guess double standar it is :)