Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Food Television

I only recall two cooking shows from my childhood, one was a British dude called "The Galloping Gourmet" and the other, of course, was Julia Child.
Today, decades and hundreds of channels into the evolution of the medium, there are more cooking shows than there were shows back in the day.
I personally have learned quite a bit by watching many of these cooks and dare I say, I've been entertained. I've even thought in some odd way how much I'd like to go to culinary school at some time, if only for the experience.
Of late, cooking shows have merged into the reality TV genre and after watching a number of them, I sometimes fantasize about participation.
That's it.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I used to love The Galloping Gourmet.
He cracked me up.

SM said...

Julia Child was always on PBS (we didn't have cable when I was growing up) and I remember I loved watching her.

I think there are almost too many cooking shows today, though.

Chris said...

Bob - there was a charming dorkiness about him - funny.

SM - we didn't have cable where I grew up until I was a late teen at least - you're right, there are alot of cooking shows out there. Hey, we should get a blogger cooking show going.