Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Little Diddy 'bout DWTS

Belinda is a no go-go as she get the distinguished first to go on this season's DWTS extravaganza. The Woz will have a short life on the show but there is some joy to watching him while all I could focus on with Belinda is the incredible amount of Botox doing it's thing.

I am (not so) secretly routing for Melissa because: (a) I like the long-term storyline starting with her stay and "tragic" ending on "The Bachelor" and coming in as a last minute replacement with only 2 days to train for the first dance. (B) She wears those dancing outfits rather well. And, (C)Lo and behold, she can actually dance.

Gilles, along with Cheryl will remain stiff competition in the dance department. Oddly, I think as far as the popularity vote goes, I think Melissa has the edge over Gilles. In fact, I think Gilles professional partner Cheryl will attract more popularity based votes for their team than Gilles. Though it's a long way out from here, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gilles and Melissa in the finals.

As far as the rest of the "celebrities":
David Alan Grier - annoys the crap out of me.
Shawn Johnson - lots of potential, I suspect she'll be around a while.
Lil' Kim - I can't even look at that very odd face of hers. She seems to have some dance ability so I hope they brown bag that skull of hers.
Holly Madison - doing better than expected on the dance floor.
Ty Murray - march of the wooden rodeo star, and seems to be far less literate than his opponents.
Steve-O - has the potential for good drama and a good story. Clearly his popularity is influential to how long he'll be around.
Denise Richards - has potential, annoys me though and being the first cryer - not good!
Lawrence Taylor - he scares the bejesus out of me - always has. I don't think he'll be able to live up to the standards of some of the other football greats who've graced the DWTS stage (most notably, champion Emmitt Smith).
Chuck Wicks - I hate him because he's getting a piece of the super hot Julianne Hough (did I mention how hot she is?)

Tomorrow I will gay up this blog some more by talking American Idol...smooches!

4 comments:

SM said...

Julianne annoys me lately. I think acts a little bit too big for her britches and I hope she wins. I feel so bad for Karina, though - she keeps getting paired with some crappy partners who don't go very far ever since Mario Lopez. What's that all about?

I agree about the Melissa thing - I really like her. I didn't watch the Bachelor, but I did watch the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Making the Team thing on CMT when she was on that. When she said she was a DCC, my husband and I both said "Oh! That's where we know her from!" But she's so damn cute and yes! A really good dancer!

I really hope Steve-o goes next...I can't stand him or any of the other Jackasses.

SM said...

Wait. I mean I hope Julianne DOESN'T win. Ugh.

Chris said...

SM - I do hear what you are saying about Julianne. Poor Karina is right, same goes for Tony up until now.

egan said...

I must be getting old because I really can't stand this show. I don't understand the appeal, but maybe it's because I don't dance. None of the celebrities performing have been captivating enough to make me want to watch each week. That says a lot because Brooke Burke is probably in my top 10.