Saturday, May 02, 2009

Karaoke Night

Tonight we are having a karaoke fundraiser at church and I have been assigned the fun little task of emcee. Of course, I am looking forward to it because I am a total ham and it is for such a cool cause - we are raising money to fund mission trips.

I hope that someone will have a camera on hand to take some goofy photographs - I will gladly post some if they come my way.

**********
Transitioning to other things going on, the home improvement stuff is beginning to take shape though is not any less stressful. I've secured the services, via a hefty deposit, of a contractor to handle insulation, siding and gutters. the good news is that the insulation job will end up costing only about 400 bucks or so after a hefty rebate from the gas company and then another rebate from Uncle Sam come tax time next year.
I've successfully negotiated the price I wanted to pay for a new patio door, a very snazzy one I might add, and that is being installed in a few weeks.
Monday morning at 8:00 am, I am meeting with an electrician to figure out why the current exterior lighting doesn't function and hopefully that can all get settled within a week.
So, moving along...I have some details to take care of for karaoke night and I also need to eat some breakfast...later!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Wish I could see you in action on karaoke night!

Looking forward to pictures of the construction work.

Chris said...

Joy - I wish you could be here! Here's a promise, next time I'm in Nashville, we meet up for Karaoke...I've got a Toby Keith diddy waiting. LOL