Friday, July 03, 2009

New York State of Mind (again)

I spent a few days down in the homeland this past weekend. Saturday I was in Staten Island for my niece’s HS graduation party.
DSC00087
Lauren is such a sweet kid who is all grown up now. I moved to MA when she was just about 5 so I didn’t really get to see her grow up and as such, it’s always a shock to see how much she has grown.
On Sunday, I fulfilled a wish I’ve had for many years; to go to Serendipity and have a frozen hot chocolate. I went to college in Manhattan and I had always heard about this place but never really cared all that much back then. Years later, the movie Serendipity with John Cusack and the sexy Kate Beckinsale came out and I became obsessed with the idea of going to get a frozen hot chocolate of my own and alas, eight years or so later…
DSC00122 While I was in NYC, two of my blogger buds were in town, Michael and Jennifer. I was so hoping to get to visit with them but timing was not on our side. Of course right now, about a week later, Essentially Me is making her rounds in NYC and I so wish I could be there to meet up with her – again, timing (have an awesome time EM).
Turns out, recently my friends Julie and Phil were there for a few days as well. Hey – it’s a pretty neat place to visit.
DSC00123 It was delicious! Thanks for asking.

3 comments:

SM said...

I want that frozen hot chocolate. Now.

SM said...

Glad you had a great time!

Chris said...

SM - Thanks. The frozen hot chocolate was super yummy (and would go great with one of your Cupcaketress masterpieces :))