Thursday, August 13, 2009

Alaska Trip Journal – Part 8

Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 continued…
rex1By 6:30 or so, I found my way to “Las Ramblas” on deck 12, a Tapas Bar, to snack for a bit before a 7:30 performance by comedian Rex Havens. I can’t say I’ve ever heard of Rex Havens before this evening, but I wish I had. Havens performance and material were stellar – this guy should be as well known as anybody in the comedy business, he is very funny!
When the show ended, I was sure of only two things: I had no desire to eat (for a change), and I wasn’t ready to retire for the evening. I wandered off to Dazzles for yet another game show mock up, this time, Jeopardy. Once again, it was a real fun time hanging, laughing, and playing along with my fellow cruisers.
After Jeopardy, I stopped by the “Observation Lounge”. The panoramic windows aim straight out the front of the ship kind of like a windshield; with a late sunset, the views were still quite spectacular. The cruise director’s staff was trying to get a karaoke thing going but there were some technical difficulties that needed to be overcome. I diagnosed a short in the video cable early on but restrained myself for the time being as I was on vacation and there was paid staff to do the diagnostic work.
Once the machine was fixed, it seems every teenager on the ship crawled out of the woodwork just fixing to hit the microphone. I hung around for about a half hour and then left for an evening stroll before going to bed.
In the next installment, we hit Skagway.
DSC00137To be continued…

1 comment:

Joy said...

Sounds like more fun! Your descriptions are so good that I almost feel as if I'm there!

Come on over to my blog and join the fray!