Friday, September 18, 2009

Out With The Old and In With The New

I bought this puppy brand spanking new, my first new car, in October of 1998 and drove it right through last evening when I surrendered it to the government "Cash for Clunkers" program where it will be crushed (after being scavenged for scrap metal and the sort) and put to rest.

Other than bad gas mileage, this car has served me well and was an overall positive experience to own. I hope that it gets the 72 virgin greeting when it gets to it's final resting place like they told me it would.

Here's me and my new wheels, a 2009 Honda Fit Sport. The photo couold have been taken at a more interesting angle showing off the vehicle a bit more. Here's to hoping I can have as sweet a relationship with this car than with the last.

4 comments:

JohnnyD2017 said...

Is that a Members Only Jacket, Luke Spencer?

Chris said...

Is that JohhnyD2017 as in Miami 2017?

LOL - not a members only, what am I, the president of Iran?

I know the photo is all kinds of funny that way though.

Sincerely,
Notmahdenijahd

Joy said...

That's what I'm getting next - a Honda Fit or a Nissan Versa. Let me know how you like yours.

Chris said...

Joy - The Fit is super fun so far. Having owned a Nisaan, I am not sure I ever would again - the repair costs are so much more than other cars - plus I think the Fit is much cuter than the Versa :)