Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Last Twenty

I used to purchase many more CD’s than I do now. With a mortgage and other financial priorities, I have taken to the public library as a great resource.
I also don’t care much for radio and as such, I don’t listen much at all. As a music lover, my main sources for musical discovery are recommendations (from a variety of sources), TBTL, NPR, and a few others.
So I get a bunch of things from the library, rip them into iTunes, then listen when I can. Of course, the music adds up faster than I can listen, so I made a few play lists to keep track of it all and then I listen when I can.
Today, I listened to 20 songs from these playlists. Some of them are songs I know and some are totally new to me. Some are by artists I am very familiar with and some are by artists that are fairly new to me.
I thought I would share a list of the songs I listened to – all come with a thumbs up:
1. Footprints – Bill Callahan
2. Life is Hard – Bob Dylan
3. The River – Brian Eno & David Byrne
4. So Beautiful – Raul Malo
5. Carpetbagger – Jenny Lewis (w/Elvis Costello)
6. Little Bit Stupid – Joe Jackson
7. Knee Deep at the National Pop League – Camera Obscura
8. Constructive Summer – The Hold Steady
9. Everybody Pays as They Go – Jakob Dylan
10. Old days – John Hiatt
11. Handle With Care – Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins
12. White Shoes – Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band
13. Wine, Women, and Song – Harvey Danger
14. Endless Sleep – Leo Kottke
15. Two Cups of Coffee – Josh Kelley
16. ‘Til Summer Comes Around – Keith Urban
17. Things People Say – Lady Antebellum
18. Destination Unknown – Missing Persons
19. Communist Daughter – Neutral Milk Hotel
20. Turn This Car Around – Tom Petty

No comments: