Monday, November 16, 2009

I’m Still Here


Hi everyone. I've not posted in two weeks but I haven't abandoned this blog. I'm certain that aside from the things going on in my life that I am not ready to talk about that there are enough things for me to create interesting* content here but the fact is, I just haven't.
I expect to take a trip to a fort in the woods in the nearer future so that I can let off some steam and get in touch with that which provides a bit of a safe haven, away from the oh so public nature of this place. However, please know that I never intended this blog to be a place where I had to post, rather a place where I chose to post when it felt right.
While I need to be a part of this community and love it so, I must also be true to who I am and I don't want to be the blogger who posts simply for the sake of posting – at least not regularly. I'd like to think that even the stuff that may seem vanilla still has value as it represents a real life experience and for me, that's what this blogging thing is about, sharing real life experiences in a community of those who have real life experiences (this does not mean that I have a problem or don't enjoy works of fiction or blogs that focus on that).
I have received emails from some of you who have expressed your concern and friendship – I am so very grateful to all of you, it warms me to know that there are people who care. That isn't meant to sound like I am one of those folks who doesn't believe that anyone cares, I know that, I am just saying that sometime having affirmation of that goes a long way to healing the soul. To all of you, this is not about any kind of disease or illness, at least not that I know of. The only dying I am doing is the normal kind that comes with living.
For now, I continue to seek inspirations and work through what I am working through – don't think for a minute that you are all not in my thoughts because you are.
C

3 comments:

brookem said...

hang in there friend. i hope that you are able to find some sort of peace as you work through whatever it is you are going through.

Chris said...

Brookem - thanks a bunch for skrinkering on by :)

JenD said...

I'm sending you ginormous cyber hugs, bro. I don't post on my blog regularly either as I have too much writing to do if I ever want to finish a single first draft in my lifetime and also my posts tend to suck anyway. If you don't believe me, you can see for yourself...my blog is on PNN.com - look for me under my Facebook name. BTW, you're the ONLY family member with this information! xoxo, Shannon