Saturday, January 02, 2010

In Like a Lion

So here we are on day 2 of the new year/decade and we are working an annoyance of a snow storm. I am still sore from moving snow – not that it was massive quantities (thus far), I decided to see how far I can get manually “shoveling” the stuff before calling on the assistance of my regretfully aging snow thrower.
After doing a lovely job on the sidewalk and entry to the driveway, I completed about half of my driveway before realizing I was bathing in sweat while it was about 15-20 degrees – clearly I was working. I decided it was time to bring out the machinery.
While the snow thrower achieved its apparent goal of letting me know that it wasn’t operating at 100%, it did assist in completing the job and as I said, I am still quite sore and that was about 12 hours ago.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
How’s this for an ambitious start of the year, I am 3/4 of the way through my first book (which I should be finished with tomorrow) and have already watched 3 movies. Actually, with the crappy weather and other circumstances, there hasn’t been much else to do.
Okay, you have yourself a pleasant one – catch ya on the next go ‘roound.

No comments: