Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Training Time

Today I received one of the best surprises in a while. It started a few weeks ago when I received an “invitation” to attend a Psychological First Aid” conference in early January. I had no idea why i received it, though it was misdirected, then declined the invite as pleasantly as possible.
Moments later, through a series of emails, I discover that the aforementioned “invitation” is closer to an order – I was “volunteered” as a participant by the CIO. So at this point I feel like I am stuck and pissed for being treated that way but I let it go.
Today was day one of the two day conference and I learn the following:
  1. It’s not a conference but a 13 hr course
  2. it was actually an honor to be selected
  3. it was freaking awesome and I can’t wait until tomorrow’s session.
Not sure I would have thought of myself as remotely qualified for crisis intervention but it turns out I have skill and have actually done some of this work. It really is incredible stuff and I am so happily surprised this turned out to be something so awesome.

1 comment:

ria said...

i love when things i'm forced to do turn out well!