Sunday, January 03, 2010

Truffles of Chocolate-Take 3

I went to my friend LJ’s for Thanksgiving and contributed a chocolate cake with a decadent chocolate ganache topping. With the leftover ganache, I opted to take a crack at making truffles for the first time and was pleased with outcome.
Post Christmas, I took a stab at white chocolate truffles which was less successful, a bit of formulation issues, but while the consistency was off, the flavor was good – they took on the flavor of a good vanilla ice cream.
Today, I decided to hit whole foods for some good chocolate and went with a combination of bittersweet and semisweet at the recommendation of the Barefoot Contessa. the result, delicious; I even dresssed up a few with some coconut.
truffles

2 comments:

SM said...

Those are awesome! I found a pretty cool truffle recipe in my last issue of the Food Network magazine and plan on trying my hand at those for Valentine's day! I would love to add truffles to my menu!

Chris said...

They were yummy - :)