Saturday, April 17, 2010

Family Feud Redux

Today I got a voicemail in my Google Voice box that was from random guy who mentioned that he was going on an audition for Family Feud and wanted to know if there was any advice I can offer - and then of course, he left a phone number.

I felt compelled to return the call since I did have something to offer. You may recall that I once auditioned for this very same game show, in fact, the fact that I told the story about it here on this blog was exactly what led my caller to find me.

When I spoke to caller, he had mentioned that he Googled Family Feud something or other and stumbled across the post I wrote about my audition experience. I also happen to have a "Call Me" widget that connects to my Google Voice box so he decided to give me a call and ask for some advice. As I mentioned, I did call him back and offered what I thought was some wise words and wished him and his family the best of luck and most of all, to have fun.

See that - blogging for a purpose!

2 comments:

egan said...

That sounds like a bonafide reason to add my Google Voice number to my blog as well. I dig random phone calls.

Chris said...

Egan - go for it :)