Not much, how 'bout you?
I'm not sure why I called,
I guess I really just wanted to talk to you.
I’ll start with the screams:
Went to court today for what I thought was going to be a simple divorce hearing when the stupid court system yet again proved to me just how broken this country is.
We filed the papers in January and sometime in March we get a note that the court date was set, in June. Here we are in June, go to check in and the Court officer reviews the papers and asks who drew up the settlement agreement. “We did.” I responded and as he perused them, he pointed out problems and at the end he said, “you aren’t going to be able to go through this today, the judge will look at this and dismiss the case without a hearing and you’ll have to re-file and pay the fees again…you don’t want that. I advise you to seek counsel and have the agreement written up properly.”
FUCK YOU! In the two months the court had the papers, I would assume that someone would read them and ensure that they are court worthy before assigning us a court date months into the future.
I accept that the papers should be written properly and it was my bad for relying on the research materials I had at my disposal and assumed they were accurate. However, this is a simple uncontested divorce case – give me a fucking template, don’t force me to give some jackass two grand two piece together some boilerplate text, or rather, have his or her just over minimum wage paralegal do it.
Okay, rant over, now the whispers (appearing as bullets):
- Going to the Blackboard World conference in Orlando next month (anyone gonna be near Orlando 7/13-17?)
- Today is the first of 19 straight days off from work (except for teaching)
- Currently reading Ozzy Osbourne’s autobiography
- In 16 minutes, I am going to DQ for a Blizzard
- Getting my house clean and organized is so difficult for me
- I wish we were all together hanging out (us Blogger folk I mean)