Saturday, October 09, 2010

You Really Got a Hold On Me - The Series

If you aren't familiar with my podcast blog, there is a link over on the right side (you may need to scroll down a bit). I posted the last series I did, "15 Albums in 15 Minutes for 15 Friends" part by part; I thought I would offer my latest 3 part series, "You Really Got a Hold On Me: 15 More Albums that Matter (to me)" all together.

If you go over to the podcast blog, you can download each episode individually or subscribe to it on iTunes. Enjoy!

Part 1:

Compiled from albums that could easily have made the first 15 Albums in 15 Minutes list as well as a few that were inspired by your lists and a few others that came to me while reminiscing (not in this particular case to the Little River Band). In this three episode series, I'll play some music from this new list of 15 albums and tell some stories, memories, and offer some tidbits about the records and artists; I hope you enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed making the podcast(s).

Here's a look at the 5 albums covered here in episode #1:



Thanks to all of you for listening.
Part 2:

In a variety is the spice of life moment, this eclectic mix of musicians and albums makes up the second of this exciting three part series:



Let the music (and me) do the talking...enjoy! Actually, by a stroke of luck, there'll be some talking by Jools Holland and Warren Zevon via a BBC interview from 2000 - this is too cool.
Part 3:

This series concludes with yet another diverse selection of music and memories from the following albums:



The last 5 of the 15 albums plus a 16th that I mention briefly because it simply could not be left out. I had such a great time over the last 6 weeks making these podcasts and will make other music related podcasts in the future. Thanks to everyone who listened and I'll be back soon.

No comments: