Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year - 2011

Today was the 85th consecutive day in which I have exercised and paid closer attention to what I eat, in particular, sugar intake. Back in October, my doctor told me I was "pre-diabetic" and there was a question as to whether it was time to increase my blood pressure medication. None of this news made me feel any better about me so I asked him for some advice and he told be if I began to exercise and watch my diet, it may make enough of a difference to keep everything in check and avoid diabetes.

Well, I was scared adequately and decided to make some changes. exercise sucks but I am kind of used to it now so I manage. Not eating sugar, or rather - keeping a real close eye on how much sugar comes into my body has been way harder but I have forced myself; I have lost 15 pounds - that's a good thing.

Next Friday I return to the doctor to see if it was all worth while...I hope so.

I wish you all a great 2011 - here's to onward and upward.

No comments: