Sunday, January 09, 2011

Herky Jerky Jive Turkey from Albequerque

Note to reader: Please do not expect that the post that follows is in any way a reflection of the title of the post and if somehow it does seem to fit, it is/was purely coincidental. -Chris

I'll start off with some good news:
I had a 3 month follow-up visit with my doctor this past Friday and apparently the torture I've subjected myself to over the last 3 months has not been for naught. I've lost nearly 20 pounds and my blood pressure was better than it has been the entire time I've been on medication. Blood test results should be up soon but I am hopeful my triglycerides have moved down.

I desperately needed some validation. I've exercised every single day for the last 3 months and while I knew I lost a significant amount of weight, I needed to hear what I heard today to make tomorrow and the next four months until my complete physical an easier burden to bear.

Here's a realy cool youtube video. It would be awesom if the religious propoganda at the end of it were edited out but the mathematics portion is worth watching (especially if you like numbers).



Podcasts...
I listen to a fair number of them. I get most of my NPR fill in the form of podcasts - overall, I almost never listen to music in the car anymore, just podcasts. So what am I listening to? You ask, I shall tell (or at least list the ones I am most dedicated to):
  1. TBTL (Too Beautiful to Live). This was once a Seattle based radio show but they got cancelled and took it to a podcast. It's fun - Luke Burbank hosts and the beautiful and smart Jen Andrews chimes in and serves as the show's "long time" producer. King of the mixed tape (and host of the mixed tape pocast) serves as Japan's #1 mixer as well as the third member of the TBTL family.
  2. WTF (Which does stand for what you probably think it does). Hosted my comedian Marc Maron this is a combination of manic brilliance and quirky insanity that is often intelligent and always entertaining.
  3. NPR: All Songs Consdered. Hosted by Bob Boilen, a true music nerd and I mean that in a good way. I've been turned on to so much new music from this podcast - very excellent!
  4. The Onion Radio News - a guaranteed one minute or so laugh every day.
  5. Real Time with Bill Maher - The same as the TV show but I don't have HBO and even if I did, I don't in my car.
There are a few others - but these are ones I hate to miss, they are all so good.

Okay then, it's Sunday and I must proceed with some Sunday stuff like church and breakfast pizza. "Did he just say breakfast pizza?" "Why yes, I think he did."

More on breakfast pizza in the next day or two. And finally, in case you were wondering (I know I was):

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
9
people with my name in the U.S.A.
How many have your name?

No comments: