Saturday, January 29, 2011

Karaoke Night

I am here at church, just finished setting up for the Karaoke fundraiser - I also realized I left my Flip cam at home :(, I was hoping to get some video here to show you my cornball ways :)

Hopefully someone will snap a few photos but regardless, I'll be back later with something of an update/overview of the event.

11:20PM
Karaoke Night III is now in the past and what a time it was. The turnout was relatively low but the spirits were very high which made for a fun evening. I kicked off the night with my rendition of "Ten Rounds with Jose Cuervo'. I later was nominated to sing "New York, New York," which I started off Frank-ish and finished more on the Liza-ish side. I fulfilled a 25+ year dream of performing (part of) an original song and we closed the night with "Love Shack", which I was nominated to sing but had a great backup group that made it super fun.

I don't have the count but there were dozens of performances, hundreds of dollars raised, and oodles of fun and fellowship had by all. If someone sends me pics or videos, I'll be sure to post them. I should talk about some of the standout performances but I am literally falling asleep at the keyboard here - goodnight!

No comments: