Saturday, January 15, 2011

Last Minute Musical Adventure

A couple of days ago, I was invited to a surprise 40th Birthday party for a friend. I accepted the invite and let life take over since. Today, the day of the party (which starts at 6pm), I get an idea around noonish to create a collection of music - all the number 1 songs on her birthday form the day she was born through today (inspired by my music of my years segments from the podcast).

I quickly get to google to construct the song list then go through my iTunes and then my CD collection to see what I already have. I think it was 23 or 24 of them and then I though, hmmm, how do I get the rest? I went to the Minuteman Library website, this is the local library cooperative and limit my search to four libraries across three towns that are within reasonable distance.

I ended up coming up with all but six songs to which I used the balance of my iTunes account to purchase and then went about producing the CD's - a set of three. I titled it 40 ones - 40th birthday, all are #1 songs, there are a total of 41 songs...clever (if I do say so myself).


I just finished the whole deal minutes ago. It is now 5:25 as I type this and I gotta get going. I set this post to publish at 6:30 just in the off chance that Sarah stumbles across this blog. See y'all tomorrow and Happy Birthday to you Sarah Larson DiPalma :)

No comments: