Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Movies I Watched in 2010

I usually make this a year end post, so sue me - I am a few weeks late :)

January
Role Models3.5
Doubt4.0
How to Lose Friends and Alienate
People
4.0
Young Frankenstein5.0
I'm Not There2.0
The Story of Anvil5.0
Cinderella Man5.0

"Young Frankenstein" was about my 30th viewing, this time introducing it to my daughter. The Story of Anvil" is a documentary about a rock band and had an unexpected charm about it. I can't believe it took me this long to get to "Cinderella Man", yet again a brilliant acting performance by the man I seem to want to hate but can't bring myself to do so.

February
He's Just Not That Into You3.0
Cloudy With a Chance of
Meatballs
4.0

Only two films watched in February.

March
Winged Migration4.0
Star Trek4.5

Another two movie month. "Winged Migration" was a long form documentary. "Star Trek" was surprisingly wonderful (this is the remake) and lots of fun to watch.

April
(500) Days of Summer3.0
Zombieland2.0
Julie & Julia4.0
Meet Bill3.0
How to Train Your Dragon (Imax
3D)
3.5
It Might Get Loud4.0


"(500) Days..." featured Joseph Gordon Leavitt and one of my big crushes, Zooey Deschannel. "Julie & Julia" was yet another vehicle for Meryl Streep to dazzle us with her brilliance and she does not disappoint. "It Might Get Loud" is a great Rock and Roll documentary featuring an eclectic mix of guitarists such as Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White.

Believe it or not, I didn't watch any movies in May :)

June
The Time Traveler's Wife2.5
Dirty Work3.0
Oliver Twist (2004-Disney)4.0
Marmaduke4.0
The Ugly Truth3.0
Toy Story 3 (Imax 3-D)5.0

Even with the inclusion of another of my crushes, Rachel McAdam's, "The Time Traveler's Wife" just did not work for me. "Dirty Work" is a guilty pleasure silly comedy - it was time to watch it again. I watched "Oliver Twist" only because it was on and my daughter was watching it and it lured me in and entertained me.

Rest of the year to come later.

No comments: