Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yet Another Gadget

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology I met with a sales rep for a networking products manufacturer last week on the premise that if I were willing to take a meeting, they would gift me with a Kindle. I always like to feel these things out but it was a legitimate company, one that I know a little something about - plus, I would probably not purchase a Kindle but for free, sure!

So I spent an hour with the guy, good chat, nice fellow and learned about what seem like terrific products. the guy puts on his coat and says, "oh, I've got a Kindle for you but I've left it in the car; I'll be back in a moment with it."

I kind of thought he was leaving, I wouldn't see the Kindle, at it was going to be one of those hard to get scenarios with the company but sure enough, in just the amount of time I needed to be convinced he was gone for good, he emerged from the stairwell with a Kindle in  his hand.

So I take the thing home, sealed in its box, and I left if for a few days wondering if I really wanted to keep it or maybe sell it or donate it for a church fundraiser and after a few days of staring at the box, realizing there is enough free stuff (all those classics I never read and a few I have, but want to read again) to keep me busy...

I've started reading a collection of Scottish folk lore (I love folk lore) and have downloaded some Jane Austen and Thoreau. [abrupt end to post here]

No comments: