Monday, February 28, 2011

Academy of Awards

I gave up on watching the Oscar's last night after only a short while. Each year, I grow more weary as I watch and realize what a bore fest this show is. Massively over produced way too long, I think it needs to be rethought (though I may be part of a minority because they keep airing the long, boring versions and people seem to watch).

For me, All I care about are Best Actor/Actress, Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Best Director, Best Picture - end of story. Show me those awards, perhaps a vignette, an opening monologue, a necrology, and a musical performance or two - an hour and done, 90 minutes tops.

What do you think?

Here are 2011's winners of the afforementioned Academy Awards:


Best Picture - The King's Speech




Best Actor - Colin Firth (The King's Speech)



Best Actress - Natalie Portman (Black Swan)



Best Supporting Actor - Christian Bale (The Fighter)



Best Supporting Actress - Melissa Leo (The Fighter)



Best Director - Tom Hooper (The King's Speech)

No comments: