Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bishop takes Sunday

I know it sounds like some bizarre chess move but has nothing to do with chess at all. Today, Bishop Suffragan of the Episcopal Diocese of Massachusetts, Gail Harris, paid a visit to our church (St. Andrew's, Framingham).

The service was an extra special celebration featuring one of our choir members breaking out the violin, and playing in beautifully and a special performance by our youth band, "The Jesus Rocks Association". After service there was a lovely luncheon and then she met with the vestry (the vestry is the lay leadership of the parish-I currently serve as the Senior Warden).

One of the things I got from today  is to try to spend more time appreciating what I have instead of dwelling in what I don't have; realizing how fortunate I am to have so many things I take for granted such as clean drinking water, a roof over my head, clothes. I know every so often we get these kick-in-the-butt reality checks but today was different - just really felt so glorious - I was so moved watching the youth perform.

No comments: