Monday, February 07, 2011

Getting Shot At (Even if Only in a Dream)

I had a crazy ass dream last night. I am standing on a street corner, I don't know where and there is this guy pointing a gun at me. He says, "stop or I'll shoot..." I reply, "Tough shit..." then BANG! I take a bullet to the abdomen and I recall my first reaction being that it didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would. I think I may have thought it missed until I looked down and saw blood, that is when the pain rushed through as well as the fear. I began to cry and out of nowhere, a woman appears - it was someone I know, a lady from church (whose three children are all in my age range and all are friends of mine).

The lady appears before me and asks what happened. I say that I was shot and she asks if I am going to die. My response was, "I don't know, but if I do, please tell my mother that I love her." Here's the thin, my mother died more than more than 13 years ago and more than 4 years before I ever met the woman who appeared in my dream. Next thing I knew, I woke up.

When I first woke up I was quite startled and my very first thought was, "am I alive?" I genuinely was not certain, if even for a few seconds. I put my glasses on and saw it was 3:30am - I got up out of the bed and stood up - this for some reason was most of the assurance I needed to convince me that I was alive and then I went to pee - that made me certain.

So, how was your night?

No comments: